18 March 2011

Spring Cleaning...

Ok brothers and sisters.

I read wayyyy too many blogs to not be updating my own. It's like going to a small group and listening to everyone else be vulnerable, mooching off of their ideas, and not being willing to take out my chips and ante-up. Well, maybe I already ante-ed up per my first few blogs...but this is getting ridiculous.

A lot has happened since May 2010, believe it or not. Following my bullet points from before:

* My sister, Morgan, got married May 23, 2010 to Keith. He is awesome, and her new last name is Williamson. Weird.

* I began and ended a fitness instructor job at the YMCA. Jan-May 2010.

*Broun and I went to Jamaica with the youth group, many lives were changed by the Holy Spirit, and we all got to meet/love on people who live much different lives than we are used to.

*Also went with youth group to Idaho to camp, white water raft, hike, climb, and learn more about Jesus.

*Started my job at the Presbyterian School working as a 7th grade Spanish teacher. I am also the soccer and track coach.

*Had our 1 year anniversary on October 11, 2010. Went to Nashville to celebrate.

*My dad gets engaged.

*Baby Myla Livingston was born Dec.8, 2010!! Katy K is officially a mama!

*Christmas ski trip with youth group. Always a blast.

*Christmas in Atlanta with my family!

*Celebrated our neice Addison's 1 year bday.. she's a firey ginger and both of her parents have dark brown hair. This gives me hope that I can have one child from every race.

*Broun's dad remarried on Valentine's Day.

*Our apt was flooded.

*Visit to Morgan and Keith's new house in Nashville. Morgan is now a camp director for a church in North Nashville. Keith is a physical therapist. Got to visit their church plant in dowtown Nashville. So sweet.

*A new addition to the Stacy family: Tempurpedic mattress from heaven.

*Spring Break trip with Morgan/Keith, Katy/Dave, Allie/Matt. Very fun, relaxing and love-filled. We went to Destin and brought baby Myla. I'm pretty sure we burned most of our food calories through laughing.

and now, we're here. Mom just had surgery on her knee from skiing and falling in Park City last week. I'm taking care of her and playing multiple games of Words with Friends con ella.

I just began a new Read-Thru-the-Bible-in-a-Year plan. I think this is what sparked my interest in blogging again. Commitment. Now that I'm a teacher, I find more value in people sticking to their word (being doers, not just hearers). I might as well do the things I believe in, right?

So, here's the plug for the radicalexperiment. Love the Word.
Radical | A book by David Platt

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, this is making me want a tempurpedic mattress. From heaven, of course.

    ReplyDelete