07 May 2010

Para Comer

I love food. So does Broun. and we can't seem to make regular "staple" meals because we have continual urges to experiment, and make the next meal even tastier than the last.

So, for your enjoyment, and perhaps, interest, I'll copy the recipes i've used for these tasty delights!

I decided to make Broun's favorite dish Chile Relleno (stuffed chile), and honestly thought it was going to be a huge flop after i started following the directions on the recipe. However, much to my surprise (and I'm sure everyone else I was cooking for), it tasted SO GOOOOOD! I'm really not trying to toot my horn or anything, but it was full of fresh ingredients, and although it was slightly battered, left you with a good feeling after you ate it. Or maybe I was just dreaming while eating, so combined made me hallucinate. Who knows. But try it out; this is the link to the recipe I used, and a picture of what it looked like:

note: you can always change it up and grill or roast the poblano peppers before (or instead) of battering them.



Another scrumptious, and quick, meal that we made recently was Alton Brown's famous Baked Mac 'N' Cheese. We found this recipe in a magazine, but it's also on foodnetwork.com. Turned out muy delicioso, but I think we could have added some sides to go with it.

side note: Brussel Sprouts are so good.

k, here's a link and a pic of how ours turned out!






Oh, p.s. I also made some awesome salsa---in a blender. And some cool roasted garlic guacamole.

Both are pictured in small amounts on the plate with the chile relleno.

SALSA:
1/2 white onion
whole jalapeƱo
small handful of cilantro
juice of 1 Lime
1 tsp salt
black pepper/cayenne pepper---to taste
1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted or plain diced tomatoes

put all in blender and mix

GUAC:
3 Avocados
Juice of 1 Lime
handful of cilantro
salt and pepper---to taste
about 2-4 cloves of roasted garlic

to quickly roast garlic, just throw a few cloves on a skillet over medium heat with NOTHING in the pan. turn them over at 5 min. after 10 min, they should be soft and ready to mash. there should be dark spots on the outside of cloves when they are ready. the spicy zing of the garlic is taken away, but the flavor is deeper and richer. SO GOOD.


2 comments:

  1. Omg Dave loves chile relleno! If you're a gourmet cook now, we're inviting ourselves over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cook out of Food Network Magazines every week!! Love the new recipes daily.

    PS: I have that orange dutch oven ;)

    ReplyDelete