04 January 2010

Go Hard or Go Home...a tribute to Ceci Gonzalez and LaCrae


BLUE! for 2010. I feel like blue is a good January color, don't you? At least it's the color I wore for the past 2 January weddings I was in. Marine Blue, to be exact.

WOW! I'm bad at blogging in real life. When i lived in Spain it was so much easier to look at my inner-self and my surroundings and come up with a written summary of life as it were. NOW, with no job, and a new title as wife....I just can't seem to find the time, or will-power, to muster up a clever bloggage. Maybe I just don't want my life on display, OKAY?????? just kidding. that was weird.

so where were we? well, had a wedding.
-had a honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico and Playa del Carmen Mexico!!
-had sex for the first time =).
-First Thanksgiving with my husband in Atlanta, GA.
-Morgan and Keith got engaged!!!(wedding in May).
-First Christmas with my husband/the in-laws.
-First FPC ski trip!
-and brought in the New Year with two wonderful weddings! Congrats Keith and Emily Ries...and felicidades Dave and Katy Livingston!!

what in the WORLD! so many firsts! and now, a new decade!! Gosh. I don't really know how to sum it all up. But here are a few words.

I was talking to one of my best friends the other day about the unexpected curve balls that life, or God, throws us...and the necessity to "grow up" or "become an adult" by learning what we believe in, what we find our identity in, or what we want our lives to count for. All issues that I'm sure EVERYONE faces at one time or the next. I've had a rough patch with the Lord lately. and by lately i mean the past 6 months since I've been back from Spain.

I came home and was thrown into the bowels of wedding-planning and learning what it meant to be engaged AND in the same country as my lovely Broun. Huge changes all at once. so suddenly my freedom and role in the people's lives around me felt like it had to change from what it looked like in Spain. Also, I immediately became a part of my own culture again, feeling like I'm automatically susceptible to the worldly snares that so naturally entrap our American lives. So these variables all have played a part in my not allowing God to rapture me with his goodness and Holy Spirit and REST in all things. I just feel the need to confess my untrust and unrest in our Lord, because the sneaky voice of sin has captured my heart over Him recently, and I need to repent of my nature! Regardless of the excuses, God deserves my attention. He deserves my trust, and my worship. He deserves to be able to change my mindset in that I don't have to only find my identity in Christ when I'm abroad, but can bring back the Truth of my experiences to share into American lives as well. Christ is everywhere, and patiently waiting for us to call out to him.

But thanks to Him, I can now recognize the trap that my heart and mind have been in for the past half year. and repent. and get out of this mess. Thank God for grace, and cleanliness. Thanks for taking the blinders off me.

That's all. Here are some pics of the past few months. Marriage is CRAAAAZY/AWESOME!!

SUUHKERRITEE!!




Katy and Dave Livingston!

Emily and Keith Ries!
Our beautiful wedding party!!

1 comment:

  1. It's natural for a human being to be concerned about changes in life. God can understand sometimes you are so busy and worried about daily life that you haven't the best of conditions to communicate with him. Nevertheless, keep on feeding off the Lord whenever you have the opportunity.

    R.

    ReplyDelete