10 November 2009

La Boda

For those of you who are reading this/wondering, the URL to this blog is "bratsta" because
1. broun + lat = brat, and
2. sta=short for Stacy, the new last name of this God-contrived family unit. =)

So, since I like pseudo-stalking people's lives via electronic photos and journaling (blogs), i decided I would try and be less of a hypocrite and let the world in on my life as well.

Here we are!... A month married, and well on our way to understanding what oneness really means.

We were married on 11/10/09 (that's how the spaniards would write the date), which is October 11, 2009. We had around 200 people at the wedding in Austin. The wedding was amazingly beautiful, and I have to give most of that credit to A) God, B) my mother, Telicia Montague (+her wonderful friends), and C) Lake Travis. It rained most of the day, but remained [spiritually] misty during the ceremony.
Jonathan Almanzar, Broun's friend/mentor from his time in Mexico, was the officiant/pastor of the matrimony. He had much truth to bring that day, to everyone. His sermonette outlined the idea of cultivation. The way we can grow into one another by purely believing and seeing the potential in the other. but also being content with this person if they never change. I married Broun of the present, not some future version of who I hope Broun might become. We then exchanged some personally written vows to one another, followed by traditional vows. It was all by the magic of Jesus that we were able to come together and worship Him as a congregation, being moved by the Holy Spirit in spoken Truth, and joyfully party on the grace that God has given us.

here are a few pics from the event. you can see more at paigenewtonphotography.com









5 comments:

  1. Ha! I found your blog so I thought I'd be the first to comment. Congrats on getting married!! I LOVE all the pictures, everything looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so wonderful!! I can't wait to see constant updates from the Stacy family! love love love you two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Latané:

    First of all, congratulations for your wedding. Best of wishes for both of you. It sounds like it was a magic day; I’m sure you’ll have plenty of good memories for the rest of your life. It was a pity it rained, but the Spanish believe that’s a good sign, in fact we have a saying: “Boda lluviosa, novia dichosa”. I’ve seen the pictures you show in your blog and in the photographer’s web site, and you look so beautiful… I think your wedding dress suits you (by the way that kind of neck is called in Spain “Palabra de honor”, which is very suitable for a person as spiritual as you are). Your husband also looked very smart, and so did your dad. I was a bit surprised when I noticed the bride’s bouquet, it’s quite different from the ones you usually see here, yours is a lot more colored than the white ones you use to see here. Good choice.

    Give my regards to Broun. Yours sincerely, Rafael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!! I googled my name (embarrassing to admit) today and found it here:)) Amazing day it was....1 1/2 yrs. ago. I love you two to pieces and just want to let you know on this little blog spot...... and any other spot I might find!

    You two are a blessing to me and all who know you and I am proud to be called:

    'momma/sweetea'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wedding photos are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete