06 August 2013

What's Bakin'?

So, I have been WAYY too obsessed with sweets lately. 

and by lately, I mean the last 11 months. No, I have not lost my pregnancy cravings one bit. So, naturally, I must satisfy them!

Some of the most recent creations have been


S'mores Brownie Bars
(the trick here is BROIL on LOW for 2 min to get the perfect marshmallowy top)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
(I could eat 10/day. Good think I'm breastfeeding...)
 "Bakery" style Chocolate chip cookies
(still trying to find my fave choc chip cookie recipe)
the one I most recently used called for more brown sugar than white sugar, which makes for an extra chewy and browner cookie. YUM!
 Cinnamon Chip Scones (these are to DIE for!!! So good. but make sure your baking soda is up to date otherwise they won't rise like they need to....I made that mistake!)
 Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes with PB Buttercream Icing!!
(these speak for themselves. I seriously don't think I've had a better cupcake.)
Ok, so OBVIOUSLY I stole some of these photos from the Internet because I forgot to take beautiful pics of my creations, but you can probably surmise that chocolate has been a consistent theme of craving as of late! I also got to make scratch blueberry muffins and a blueberry lemon coffee cake that was DEE-vine. My favorite blog to steal recipes from is My Baking Addiction but I have been trying to branch out. It's hard. 

Suffice it to say I love sweets. And I just went to the dentist for the first time in.....um, maybe 2 years? and guess what they found? yes, 4 (count 'em, F-O-U-R!!!) CAVITIES! bah!! When you are on MassHealth and have zero dental coverage, it's not so funny. 

The convo upon looking at my x-rays went something like this:
Dentist: "So, do you drink a lot of sugary drinks?"
Me: "No, I drink mainly water because I'm breastfeeding"
Dentist: "Hm. do you like sugary hard candies?"
Me: "Not in particular. Maybe it's all the cough drops I ate while I was pregnant? They soothed my nausea for some reason"

............yeah. but I didn't tell her about the pictures above. Who even cares HOW I got cavities, right? They fact is they are THERE. and they cost a buttload to fix. Boo. 

In the meantime, I'm going to bake my sorrows away.....

p.s. I just joined a baking group called "Bakin' Friends" and I will be posting about it once a month!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment