30 August 2013

Bakin' Friends!!

So, I'm posting my first ever Bakin' Friends post! It is basically a pen pal set-up group through the blog Steph's Bite by Bite that allows strangers to trust other strangers to bake yummy treats for each other. Fun, huh?

This month's "secret ingredient" was pretzels. I made my pal some deLISH Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies (with pretzels on top). It was a recipe I adapted from the New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookie. The real secret to making the best cookies is to refrigerate them for a good 2 hours. so the dough is super chilled. (i just learned this) So here is the yummy goodness that I created for Zainab (my Bakin' buddy). Her blog is here. She's awesome. and a GREAT BAKER!! I hope I can get as interesting and creative and artsy as she is with her recipes. PLUS, she is a neuroscience phd student and knows about the good ol' Read Montague! Small small world eh?

My baking buddy sent me some Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Bites. She used the recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction. Here is a pic of the little treats. Thanks, Desiree!
The lovely recipe can be found here.

Such is my life. Sweets, sweets, and more sweets. If you want to learn more about Bakin' Friends, you can read more here!
And just because I am obsessed with sweets AND my kiddos, here's a pic of the nugs. =)
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment